FAVORITE WAYS TO STYLIZE A WHITE KITCHEN - SIMPLY SUNDAYS - YOUNG DREAM PROJECT
Happy Simply Sundays! I look forward each week thinking, and planning, and mixing things up with my Sunday post, by sharing whatever fits my fancy.
If you’ve been following along with my post from last week, they’ve included the before photos and design plan for the kitchen make-over at the Young Dream Project, along with the final photos for the kitchen design.
With this post I’m sharing some of my favorite ways to stylize white kitchens, while illustrating with the Young Dream Project stylized photoshoot.
White kitchens are a favorite for many because of their timelessness. When the stain color pendulum swings from light to dark with the trends, white painted cabinets stay constant. For those who worry that a white kitchen will feel too stark, this post is especially for you. And if you don’t need any convincing about a white kitchen, keep reading, I have some tips to show how you too can add interest and depth while stylizing a white kitchen.
TIPS TO STYLIZING A WHITE KITCHEN
- Include natural materials, like assorted wooden cutting boards, wooden spoons, and salt shakers
- Use flat-bottom, pedestal bowls and ceramic berry baskets to display fresh fruit, like Granny Smith apples and lemons
- Fill glass jars with staples like sugar & flour and display on counter
- On an end of a counter that’s away from high-task areas, display assorted cookbooks
- Place an over-dyed, vintage rug at the primary sink
- At the sinks, place decorative soap and lotion pumps
- Add a punch of color with hand towels
- Use fresh greenery and flowers cut from the yard in assorted vases
- Incorporate counter stools that contrast the kitchen cabinets in both color and texture
Start by gathering the things I've listed above, and any others you might want to include.Notice how most of them are practical, everyday things that are typically used in kitchens.
FRESH CUT GREENERY & FLOWERS FROM THE YARD
Keep it simple by placing the cuttings in vases that accentuate the flowers and greenery without having to do a lot of arranging.
OVER-DYED VINTAGE RUGS
The rugs and kitchen towels play an important role in adding warmth and dimension to white kitchens. Take the time to find just the right textiles and linens to highlight the desired colors and feel for the space.
Mix thing up by selecting stools that bring a new texture to the space.
STYLIZING IN ACTION - VIDEO
A GUIDE FOR ACCESSORIZING A WHITE KITCHEN
Thanks for following along! Comments, likes and shares are appreciated. And just for good measure, here's more from the Young Dream Project.
PHOTO CREDIT: JAYLENE CROSBY / THIS SOJOURN LIFE